Wednesday, May 5, 2010

School Year 2009-10 (OC)

This school year has been full of interesting memories that I will cherish forever. Many acquaintances have been made. Acquaintances from other countries in the form of exchange students and immigrants. One of them will remain my friend, I hope even when she goes back to Germany. I have enjoyed the classes this year. Though, in some classes I have not agreed with everything. This year is the first year I have kept all A's. I have enjoyed the assignments and such at school this year. This was the first year my twin sister and I have had totally different schedules from each other. I came to the realization that it was okay to ask for help. I learned that a bus full of annoying kids is not the best thing to hear first thing in the morning. I learned that taking an ACT is not as bad as I thought. I also learned that sometimes I get carried away when I do certain things. I learned that you do not have to decide the rest of your life in the tenth grade, that it is okay not to know what you want to do with your life. One bad grade on an assignment, may seem like the end of the world, and parents may think this too, but I have come to the realization that one bad grade is not worth getting upset over. This year I also learned it is not as scary as I thought to ask teachers and the principal for recommendations for an application. This year I was glad that I had the opportunity to apply for ASMSA and got in. I learned at the orientation that what I thought difficult here will seem like a piece of cake compared to some of the stuff that they will teach there. I am so happy about going there, but I am not so happy about having to start the fourth of August, because my summer will be cut short. I learned that sometimes do your schoolwork pays off. I also learned that I am glad I came to Batesville because otherwise I would not have some of the friends I have now.

4 comments: